Second Generation (MKII) – May 2014 – Improved materials specs (up to 120c), New design
This is a POLY URETHANE, MANUAL CAST kit to prevent melting/warping problem in long extrusions. It is an upgrade kit for the Delrin Plunger. It replaces the existing plunger in Makerbot Replicator 2X. It is not compatible with Replicator 1 Dual.
If you are experiencing print failures every time you use a new filament, that is because of the existing plunger on your extruder that cannot adapt to the diameter tolerance of the cheaper filaments. I have had issues even with some of the Makerbot filaments, but this upgrade will solve this issue.
You are buying a Makerbot Delrin Plunger replacement kit/Extruder Upgrade kit as shown in the first image. This is a picture of the actual item you will get(stepper motor/drive gear not included). This kit includes everything needed to replace the delrin plungers on your Makerbot Replicator 2X with a spring-loaded ball bearing assembly.
This product is assembled and is a revised version of what Makerbot introduce in several aspects:
Please note that this is a hand made part. The surface quality is not even close to a mass produced part however it does what it should do perfectly.
This kit includes:
1 X Base
2 X Swing Arm (mirror)
2 X 14mm flat-top hex screw – to mount the ball bearing inside the swing arm
2 X 22mm socket hex screw – for the pivot joint of the swing arm
2 X 10mm aluminum bushing – for the pivot joint of the swing arm
2 X 22mm flat-top hex screw – One to mount the back plate to your stepper motor (Top Right hole on the back plate)
2 X New Stainless Steel Ball Bearings
2 X New Compression Springs
Note: This is a DIY kit. It is not appropriate for mechanically disinclined. By purchasing, you acknowledge that you are aware of what you are doing.
- Material Polyurethane (heat resistant – up to 120C)
- One-piece arm with a stainless steel ball bearing shaft and ball bearing, so no worries about wear of the bearing holder after few hours.
- An aluminum bushing has been replaced with the 3d printed plastic pivot in the existing products for a maximum durability.
- Second Generation (MKII) – May 2014 – Improved materials specs (up to 120c), New design
Click Here If You Need More Detailed Info…
This all-metal J-Head Hot End has faster controlled motion, less shaking of your machine, less energy use and importantly: faster printing! Normally the mechanism that drives the filament into the hot end (where it melts) is directly on top of the extruder. This creates problems of balance and oscillations with faster motion which you can see in your printing results and hear and feel when your machine is shaking.
If the filament drive mechanism is placed on a non-moving part of the 3D printer, it can be pushed into a tube. PTFE (Teflon) is useful because it is slippery: it has little friction with the plastic.This limits wear and loss of energy. The tube’s other end is connected to the extruder’s hot-end.
All metal enables working with Polycarbonate up to 300 degrees Celsius and with future materials that require higher working temperatures beyond those supported by plastic extruders and hot end.
Tested with PLA, ABS, polycarbonate, nylon and PVA.
The inner diameter of the bowden feed mouth is 4mm to print with 1.75mm filament,and 6mm to print with 3mm filament.
This long-distance J-Head hot end allow it apart from extruder to printer.
1 x All-metal long-distance J-Head Hot End
Note:The PTFE and Nozzle size is optional.
PTFE Size For filament: 1.75mm filament, 3mm Filament.
Nozzle Size: 0.3mm Nozzle, 0.4mm Nozzle, 0.5 Nozzle.
- It’s very simple by reducing the number of custom machined parts to a bare minimum.
- Easily and well interface with the most popular RepRap extruders.
- The filament path is same with the one of an already proven design, it can be used to print reliably with both ABS and PLA.
Visit The Website For More Information…
With wiring interface board
The unique have interface board extruder
* Printed materials: ABS PLAABS PLA
* Material diameter:1.7M
* Size of Nozzles: 0.3mm
* Motion shaft speed: 40 mm / s
* Nozzle flow rate: about 24cc / h
* K-type thermocouple
* Made in China
Heating nozzle has 12 v and 24 v，Don’t put the 12v access 24v.
Normal operating temperature 190 ° -230 . Maximum temperature does not exceed 280°
- * Material diameter:1.7M
- * Motion shaft speed: 40 mm / s
- * Nozzle flow rate: about 24cc / h
- * Size of Nozzles: 0.3mm
- (We also have 0.2mm, 0.4mm , 0.5mm sizes in stock, if you need those two sizes of nozzle, please email us and tell us your choice after place your order, Otherwise we`ll send you the default 0.4mm)
Visit The Website For More Information…