We provide the highest quality 3D printing materials such as ABS, PLA, HIPS, PVA, and more. Our filaments are run with tight tolerances. There are no air bubbles or oily residues. Every filament comes loaded on a durable, hard plastic spool, not a cheap, flimsy cardboard spool.
HIPS, High Impact Polystyrene, is very similar to ABS. They share a lot of the same characteristics and qualities. However, HIPS is used with different solvents versus ABS. Limonene is used with HIPS instead of Acetone for ABS. Since Limonene does not affect ABS, HIPS is commonly used as a supporting material. HIPS is versatile, economical, and impact resistant.
Compatible with RepRap, Makerbot, UP!, Lulzbot, Afinia, Solidoodle, MakerGear, Printrbot LC, and more!
Is the spindle hole large enough to fit my Makerbot printer?
Yes! Our spindle holes are large enough to fit the Makerbot printers. You don’t have to worry about fabricating a spindle extension any longer. *NOTE, these spools will not fit inside of the new Makerbot 5th generation printer drawers. You can still use these spools and feed the filament directly through the top of the printer.
What are some printing tips?
Please use Kapton tape or 3M blue tape. Please use in well ventilated areas.
What other colors are available?
HIPS comes in a variety of different vibrant colors, 12 different options total.
- 1.75mm diameter, 1kg net weight, HIPS Filament
- Filament Roundness: +/- 0.07mm
- Filament Diameter: +/- 0.05mm
- Recommended Print Temperature: 210 – 230°C, depending on printer model
- Compatible with RepRap, Makerbot, Afinia, Solidoodle or any standard spool based 3D printer
HIPS – High Impact Polystyrene used commonly with a dual extruder when printing with ABS. HIPS is used to create structures impossible to make without support, dissolve away the HIPS in d-limonene without affecting the ABS object being printed. Print temperature: approximately 235°C. Print bed temperature between: 80 – 115°C.
- 1.75mm diameter, HIPS filament, 1 Kg Spool
- Diameter Tolerance: 1.75mm: 1.75 +/- 0.1mm
- Suggested print temperature ranges from 230°C – 240°C
- Compatible with most 3D printer models
- Soluble in MG Chemicals cat# 433 or 433C series of d-Limonene for dissolving HIPS support material