What if you could sketch a design, then turn it into something real you could actually use? What if you could print things you wanted, needed, or just dreamed up on your desk, instead of relying on factories half a world away?
Meet Glowforge. It uses a beam of light the width of a human hair to cut, engrave, and shape designs from a variety of materials.
There’s a lot you can do with that kind of power: it’s having the perfect gift when you need one. A way to furnish your space. A personal boutique. A sandbox for your inventions. A launchpad for your business. And that’s just the start.
Three steps to a finished product.
Step 1: Make Your Design
Whether you craft for fun or you’re an experienced designer, it’s easy to bring your ideas to life. Use dozens of different design software packages – everything from high-end CAD software to PowerPoint. It takes PDF, SVG, JPEG and other common file formats. Designing can also be as simple as drawing with a pen – Glowforge has onboard cameras that will scan your drawing and transform it into a digital file you can print, once or a hundred times.
Step 2: Pick Your Materials
You can use all kinds of materials with Glowforge – things like wood or leather, fabric, cardboard, acrylic, and even chocolate. In fact, you can print on hundreds of materials – a river rock, secondhand lumber, your iPhone. It’s up to you, but to make things easy, you can use our line of ProofgradeTM materials. They’re finished and come encoded with automatic settings for perfect printing every time.
Step 3: Watch the Magic Happen
Hit print and watch your Glowforge go. Because the printing interface is in a browser, it works on a PC, it works on a Mac, and we have apps for iPad and iPhone – so you can create with just your fingertip. See your finished product in minutes.
- IDEA TO PRODUCT IN MINUTES – Create meaningful gifts for your friends, unique products to sell, or something personalized just for you – at the push of a button.
- COMPLETELY AUTOMATIC- Autofocus. Automatically recognize materials. Set power, speed, and more automatically. Just add your paper drawing, PDF, or photo and print.
- FREE SOFTWARE & 30 MINUTE SETUP- Your Glowforge comes with lifetime free access to the Glowforge App. There’s nothing to install – you can run it from your browser on Mac, PC, phone, or tablet, or get it from the iOS App Store. It’s wireless, it’s simple, and there’s just one button. The setup guide will have you holding your first print in less than 30 minutes.
- LASER PRECISION and DOZENS OF MATERIALS – Precise to a thousandth of an inch, and the laser can focus to the width of a human hair. Carve up to 1/2″ deep and print at over 1,300 lines per inch. The Glowforge Plus makes it easy to engrave or print beautiful and useful products with wood, leather, paper, fabric, acrylic, glass, metal, cardboard… even chocolate!
- SAFE FOR HOME AND SCHOOL – The only CDRH Class 1 laser cutter engraver, the Glowforge Plus meets CE, FDA, and FCC standards, and has been independently safety tested. Safety sensors avoid hazards.